An easy first cake hunt is the city of Clayton. You can check 5 cakes off of your list. If you want to walk it it's just under 3 miles round trip. We drove that day because it was cold and windy and I have two 3 year olds. You can work in some history with the Historic Hanley House. It is only open on the weekends and there is a small fee but there is a plaque outside that tells you all about the family and their contribution to the city of Clayton. We ended our tour at Shaw Park for some play time. Here is the list:
1. Brown Shoe Company, 8300 Maryland Ave.
2. Historic Hanley House, 7600 Westmoreland
3. Centene Corporation, 7700 Forsyth
|Did I mention it was windy?|
4. St. Louis County Courthouse, 7900 Carondelet
(We missed this one. It is not on the official list but is already out. I will update when we get it.)
5. Shaw Park, 231 South Brentwood
Here is the map of the walk I planned:
Clayton Cake Map
Go ahead and get started. I promise you will have fun.